She qualified as a lawyer in 1980 and has worked on behalf of prostitutes. She was removed from the Paris Bar in 1992, but was admitted to the bar of Seine-Saint-Denis, and also that of Bobigny.
She has written autobiography, and about the legal system that is disinterested in victims.
In 2006 she applied to enter the competition to become a magistrate but Minister of Justice refused to include her years as a postal inspector towards her years of public service.
*Not the Houston veterinarian.
- Maud Marin & Marie-Thérèse Cuny. Le Saut de l'ange. Paris: Fixot, 1987.
- Maud Marin & Marie-Thérèse Cuny. Tristes plaisirs. Paris: Fixot, 1989.
- Maud Marin & Marie-Thérèse Cuny. Le quartier des maudites. Paris: Fixot, 1991.
- Maud Marin & Philippe Delannoy. Pitié pour les victimes. Paris: Fixot, 1996.
- Jean-luc Garcia. “Maud Marin, déchue, plaide sa cause à Paris”. La Depeche. 05/09/2006. www.ladepeche.fr/article/2006/09/05/50217-Maud-Marin-dechue-plaide-sa-cause-a-Paris.html.
- “Maud Marin”. Wikipédia: L’encycopédie libre. fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maud_Marin.
Both the Wikipedia article and that in La Depeche claim that Maud was the first transsexual lawyer in the world. Close but not quite. She qualified in 1980. However Daniel van Oosterwijck had qualified in 1979.